The Ultimate Guide To Silverwood Theme Park
Silverwood Theme Park , the largest amusement park of the Northwest!
Silverwood in northern Idaho is a large theme park with an assortment of rides and a Water Park!
Silverwood Theme Park initially started as a small entertainment park with a few carnival rides and eateries has now grown into a massive theme park with several rides, shows, restaurants, and the Boulder Beach Water Park. Silverwood also hosts several events, the most popular is its Halloween event, when the Park turns into “Scarywood,” with several haunted attractions and characters throughout the Park.
Silverwood is located in northern Idaho, about a hundred miles south of the US and Canada border, not too far from Idaho – Washington and Idaho – Montana state borders. However, due to the heavy snowfall in the northern part of the US, Silverwood is a seasonal theme park, open only outside the winter months from May through October.
Silverwood, with its several rides ranging from kids-friendly to best-in-the-class thrilling roller coasters, is the most sorted-after theme park destination of the Northwest! The Boulder Beach Water Park, which is part of the Silverwood experience, offers a couple of large wave pools and several water rides. If you happen to be visiting or passing by northern Idaho, do stop at Silverwood for a fun-filled family adventure!
Here is my ultimate guide to Silverwood Theme Park, featuring essential trip-planning information, things to do in Silverwood, nearby attractions, and recommendations on hotels and restaurants near Silverwood Theme Park!
Planning Your Trip To Silverwood Theme Park
Silverwood Theme Park is a seasonal amusement park, open only outside the winter months!
Best Time To Visit Silverwood Theme Park: Silverwood is open May through October, but the Boulder Beach Water Park is accessible only from June through early September. Unquestionably, summer is the peak season in the Park. However, Silverwood is a very popular fall destination due to its Scarywood event when the Park is transformed into a haunted place with several haunted houses, scary characters, and events.
Time Required At Silverwood Theme Park: With several rides and shows in the amusement Park and the adjacent Boulder Beach Water Park, I would recommend spending an entire day at Silverwood.
Getting To Silverwood Theme Park: The best way to get to Silverwood Theme Park is by flying into Spokane International Airport and driving to the Park. Alternatively, you could also take a train to Sandpoint in Idaho or a bus to Spokane, Washington, and then rent a car and drive to Silverwood.
- Flight: Spokane International Airport (GEG), Spokane, Washington, around 45 miles to the Park, is the closest international airport to Silverwood. The Park is accessible by a few other airports, but driving distance significantly increases – Lewiston-Nez Perce County Regional Airport (LWS), Lewiston, Idaho, around 134 miles to Silverwood, Missoula International Airport (MSO), Missoula, Montana, about 180 miles to the Park, and Glacier Park International Airport (FCA), Kalispell, Montana, approximately 210 miles from Silverwood Theme Park.
- Train: There’s only one Amtrak station in Idaho, the Sandpoint Amtrak station, located in northern Idaho, which is just 30 miles north of Silverwood Theme Park.
- Bus: Greyhound offers bus services to Idaho, but there aren’t any bus stops in northern Idaho. However, there’s a Greyhound bus stop in Spokane, Washington, just 45 miles from Silverwood.
Lodging Near Silverwood Theme Park: The lodging options near Silverwood Theme Park are limited to a few locally owned bread and breakfasts in the town of Athol. However, I recommend making an effort and driving to the nearby city of Blanchard, Coeur d’Alene, or Spokane, where you will find better lodging choices.
- Stoneridge Resort, Blanchard
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Coeur d’Alene
- Staybridge Suites Coeur D’Alene
- Residence Inn by Marriott Spokane East Valley
Dining Options In Silverwood Theme Park: There’s a myriad of dining options in Silverwood Theme Park, including several pizzerias, all-you-can-eat BBQ, ice cream parlors, and many other restaurants. Here’s the link to the Park’s website with the list of all restaurants and cafes – Silverwood Dining Options.
Things To Do In Silverwood Theme Park
Silverwood Theme Park has four main sections, each featuring rides, restaurants, and park stores!
Silverwood Theme Park is organized into four areas – Main Street, Country Carnival, Coaster Alley, and Boulder Beach Water Park. Each section offering fun-filled rides, activities, live performances, and restaurants & cafes. Below, I have listed all four areas of the Park, along with the popular attractions, shows, and dining options in each section.
Main Street: The section right after you enter Silverwood Theme Park is called the Main Street, in the southeast corner of the Park. The Main Street is the host of all shows and live performances in the Park and also home to the Silverwood Train Depot, offering a scenic train ride of the Park and the surrounding areas.
- Popular Attractions & Rides: Train ride departing from the Train Depot and a Carousel.
- Shows: Magic Show in Theater of Illusion, Train Robbery onboard the historic train ride, and live music & performance in High Moon Saloon.
- Restaurants: Silverwood Coffee & Roasting great for a coffee fix and quick bites, Lindy’s Restaurant, a full-service restaurant, High Moon Saloon, Cassellis Pizzeria, and others.
Country Carnival: The section right west of Main Street is the Country Carnival, featuring kid and family-friendly carnival rides, gaming arcades, and eateries.
- Popular Attractions & Rides: Ferris Wheel, Bumper Boats, Antique Cars, Corkscrew Roller Coaster, and several gaming arcades.
- Restaurants: Country BBQ and Ice Creamery are the popular dining spots in the Country Carnival section.
Coaster Alley: Located along the southern part of the Park, Coaster Alley is home to several hair-raising, world-class roller coasters, and a few great restaurants serving all-you-can-eat BBQ.
- Popular Attractions & Rides: Panic Plunge, Spin Cycle, Timber Terror Roller Coaster, Aftershock Roller Coaster, and Tremors Roller Coaster.
- Restaurants: Chuck Wagon John’s all-you-can-eat BBQ and Kool Cactus serving Mexican food are excellent dining choices in the Coaster Alley section of the Park.
Boulder Beach Water Park: The Boulder Beach Water Park is a separate section of Silverwood Theme Park accessible from the northeast corner of Main Street. This section is home to several water rides, splash and wave pools, and a few dining options.
- Popular Attractions & Rides: Riptide Racer, Ricochet Rapids Raft Ride, Avalanche Mountain Raft Ride, Velocity Peak, South & North Wave Pools, and Cabana Island.
- Restaurants: Chicken Shack, Granite Grill, and Largemouth Subs are the popular restaurants in Boulder Beach Water Park.
Other Idaho Attractions & Related Posts
I hope you enjoyed reading the post, The Ultimate Guide To Silverwood Theme Park, and I hope this will help you plan your trip to Silverwood. You can find other Idaho attractions in my Idaho Travel Guide.
Happy feeding your soul!
Shop Photography Gear
This is not a sponsored post, and I recommend products based on my experience. This may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase using my link at no extra cost to you. More Travel Accessories.