My Life-Changing Realization
Sometime back, I was working on a project where I was developing a machine learning program, making a machine identify real-life objects – human, car, tree, etc. To do that, I had to build a neural network that is quite complex and is inspired by how the human brain works. While working on that project, I realized how blessed we human beings are and how powerful and wonderful is GOD’s creation.
I realized how blessed we human’s are, GOD has given us the ability to see, feel, learn, the list goes on. He also has created wonders like serene nature, waterfalls, volcanoes, geysers, animals, and the list goes on. The only problem is that our life doesn’t go on forever. There will be a day when we will close our eyes forever. There is so much to see, explore, learn but so little time.
This realization helped me to be more determined and materialize all our travel plans. Today, after having visited all 50 states in the US, this is what travel means to me and the benefits I have realized over time –
- Traveling, exploring, and appreciating GOD’s creation helps one realize that life has a lot more to offer. It makes one feel blessed and reminds us to be thankful for the life we have been bestowed with.
- Seeing GOD’s creations: huge mountains, waterfalls, geysers – helps us reshape our imagination, dream big, and keeps us going.
- Our trips give us something to look forward to, and we can easily get through the hectic week just because we know that we are about to have a wonderful weekend trip or a vacation.
- We always come back rejuvenated. Even though travel can be physically demanding, we come back with a fresh mind, filled with amazement, calmness, and enthusiasm.
- Over time, we have become excellent organizers and project managers. Planning a trip and executing it requires a lot of planning, coordination, and management.
- Meeting new people, learning about new cultures, learning about new places, learning about history makes us more learned, intellectual, and a people person.
- In short, I realized that Tavel is the food for our soul.
There is no one size fits all when it comes to finding – “The food for your soul”. It can be anything that energizes you, encourages you, motivates you, and provides the fuel to keep going.
I call this phase of ours – “Exploring the beautiful 50 states in the United States of America”. My husband and I are software engineers living in the US for a decade on a work visa and are awaiting our green cards. Traveling to foreign countries, without a green card, becomes quite difficult, the need for a visa to enter foreign countries, and then again visa stamping for re-entering the US. So to avoid all these hassles, I decided to first visit all 50 states in the US. In the last two and a half years, almost every weekend, we have been traveling one state a time or, at times, the same state multiple times.
In this phase, we have seen so many amazing places, nature at its best, historical landmarks, different cultures, cuisines, and people from different walks of life. I can say from my experience that GOD has really blessed each state in the US with something unique, let it be a waterfall, mountain peak, volcano, and/or some human-made amazement. My current goal is to capture my experience of visiting these 50 amazing states in my blog.
My future travel plans definitely include seeing the entire world, but there is some time for that, and until then, I might as well revisit the same states in the US again. There are so many beautiful places that I can go over and over again; I can’t seem to get enough of it.